Publications by Sister Melanie DiPietro:
- Duty of Obedience: A Medieval Explanation for Modern Nonprofit Governance Accountability, Duquesne Law Review,Vo1.46. No.1, (Fall 2007).
- SSM Health Care: The Integration of Catholic Social Thought Values In A Modern Health Care System, St. John's University School Of Law, Journal of Catholic Legal Studies, Vol. 46. No.2 (2006) (with Alison Sulentic).
- The Relevance of Canon Law In A Bankruptcy Proceeding, Seton Hall Legislative Journal Vo1.29, No. 2, (2005).
- An examination of the Universitas Rerum and the Universitas Personarum of New Public Juridic Persons Succeeding to the Healthcare Apostolates of Religious Institutes in the United States, J.C.D. diss. Pontifical University of St. Thomas, Rome, Italy, (June 2003).
- Joint Ventures in Church-Related Corporations: What Happens to "Church-Related"? Jubilee International and Ecumenical Canon Law Conference~ The Administration of Church Property, Co-Sponsors: The University of St. Thomas, Rome, Italy and Cardiff University, University of Wales, Cardiff and Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, (February 4-5, 2000).
- The Interfacing of Canonical Principles and American Law in the Negotiation of Joint Ventures Between Church-Related and Non-Church-Related Corporations. Acts of the Colloquium: Public Ecclesiastical Juridic Person and Their Civilly Incorporated Apostolates in the Catholic Church in the U.S.A.: Canonical- Civil Aspects. published by Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas in Rome and Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1998.
- Impact of Canon Law on Health Care Delivery, Hospital Contracts Manual, Edited by Baker & Hostetler, publisher, Aspen Publishers, Inc., (1987)
- Integrated Delivery Network Manual, A desk manual for Directors of Catholic Charities for developing integrated delivery systems. Prepared for and published by Catholic Charities USA, Arlington, Virginia, (2000)
- Incorporated Apostolates, Chapter 22 of Church Finance Handbook, Canon Law Society of America, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C. (1999). Eds. Kevin E. McKenna, Lawrence A. DiNardo and Joseph W. Pokusa.
- Organizational Overview, in Who Do We Say We Are: Perspectives for Catholic Identity in Catholic Charities, published by Catholic Charities USA, Arlington, Virginia, 1997.
- The Search for Identity: Canonical Sponsorship of Catholic Healthcare, The Catholic Health Association of the United States, St. Louis, Missouri, 1993, (Co-author).
- Traveling Trust: Hidden Risks, Legal Bulletin, published by Office of Legal Services, Legal Resource Center for Religious, Silver Spring, Maryland, (November 1991)
- Changes in Governance of Catholic Colleges and Universities: Some Practical Observations, Current Issues in Catholic Higher Education Journal, Winter. Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities, (1990-1991)
- Special Problems of Religious Institutions in Representing Tax-Exempt Organizations, continuing legal education materials, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, co-author, Robert B. Ramsey, Esq., (1990)
- Congregational Sponsorship: Practical Issues in a Community Dialogue. Catholic Health Association of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, (1985)
- Criteria for Union Membership: Are the Vows Relevant; Father Adam J. Maida, ed., Issues in Labor Management Dialogue: Church Perspectives. Catholic Health Association of St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, (1981)