Transfer Applicant Instructions
Applicants for transfer admission must have completed at least 1 year, or one-third of the credits required for graduation, at an ABA-approved law school, and be in good academic standing at their current law schools. Transfer applications must be received and complete by June 25th. The following is required to complete a transfer application:
- A completed and signed Application for Admission, including a Personal Statement that addresses the reasons for seeking a transfer.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $65 (check or money order payable to Seton Hall University, School of Law. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted);
- An active CAS subscription with recent LSAT scores;
- One (1) letter of recommendation specifically in support of the application to transfer (i.e. from a law school professor or instructor);
- A letter of good standing and a transcript, indicating rank in class, sent directly from the current law school.
A limited number of transfer applicants are accepted and decisions will be made by mid-July for applications received and completed by the deadline.
Students who have been academically dismissed from another law school must wait at least two years before applying for admission to Seton Hall Law. Such applicants apply as first-year candidates and must provide complete information and documentation regarding their prior law school enrollment.
Students at other law schools seeking Visiting Student status at Seton Hall Law should contact the Office of Student Services at 973-642-8707. Visiting Student status is not granted by the Office of Admissions.