Tuition Reduction Program
The Seton Hall University Tuition Reduction Program
Private Legal Education at a Public School Price
Seton Hall University is pleased to announce that it has extended its tuition reduction initiative to eligible first-year students enrolling in the School of Law commencing Fall 2013. The reduction amounts to more than 50% of the regular yearly tuition rate and means that eligible students, regardless of state of origin, may attend Seton Hall Law at the same tuition rate as New Jersey’s public law schools’ in-state rate.
By offering a “private legal education at a public school price,” Seton Hall Law continues its tradition of empowering and enabling high-achieving students to fulfill their potential as leaders at the highest levels of the bench and bar.
Seton Hall Law students reap the benefits of our rich Legal Practice Curriculum, renowned faculty, strong alumni base, and central location in the largest legal market in the United States, Seton Hall Law students graduate practice-ready and with a professional network in place, ready to secure and sustain a competitive edge in our ever-evolving legal marketplace.
To qualify for this tuition discount, students must have an LSAT score of 158 or higher and an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher. Apply by April 1, 2013 to take advantage of this unique tuition reduction program.
- No special application is required.
- Students who apply to Seton Hall Law and meet the academic criteria will automatically receive this tuition rate reduction.
- This program is open to students from all states.
- Students may also be eligible for additional merit funding. Students are reviewed for additional merit scholarships at the time of application. Students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1, 2013 to qualify for federal loans.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to first-time first-year full-time or part-time students entering Seton Hall Law in Fall 2013 (does not apply to transfer students). Students may not defer admission.
- The tuition credit is based on Rutgers Law-Newark 2012-2013 in-state tuition rate for full-time students ($22,746) and part-time students ($20,856 – up to 11 credits, flat fee).
- Students who matriculate under this program as incoming full-time students, will remain eligible for this tuition rate reduction for up to 3 years (6 semesters), provided that the student maintains a 2.80 cumulative GPA or remains in the top 75% of the class (whichever is more favorable to the student), and maintains continuous full time enrollment. GPA standards will be reviewed once per year - at the end of the Spring semester, annually.
- Students who matriculate under this program as incoming part-time students, will remain eligible for this tuition rate reduction for up to 4 years (8 semesters), provided that the student maintains a 2.80 cumulative GPA or remains in the top 75% of the class (whichever is more favorable to the student), and maintains continuous part time enrollment. GPA standards will be reviewed once per year – at the end of the Spring semester, annually.
- Applies only to fall and spring on-campus enrollment and does not include summer classes or study abroad programs.