Wireless Printing (inside the Law School only)
Wireless printing is available on Printer C in our primary computer lab and printers W1 and W2 on the 4th floor of the law library. To setup your laptop for wireless printing please follow the steps below. If you have any difficulty in configuring these settings please visit our Law Helpdesk in the primary computer lab for assistance. Also, when wirelessly printing please remember to pick up your printouts promptly.
1. To begin, go to the Start Menu and select Printers and Faxes (depending on your OS configuration, this may also be located in Start, Settings, then Printers and Faxes).
2. Click on the Add a Printer link under Printer Tasks in the toolbar on the left of the screen (or double-click on the Add a printer icon if the link does not appear).
3. When the Add Printer Wizard starts, click Next.
4. Select Local printer attached to this computer. Make sure that the "Automatically Detect and install my Plug and Play printer" box is unchecked, then click Next.
5. Select Create a new port and change the "Type of port:" field to Standard TCP/IP Port.
6. Click Next.
7. The Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port wizard will appear to assist with creating a TCP/IP port. Click Next.
8. Enter the printer IP address in the top field only (XP will automatically fill in the bottom field). (For a list network printer address, please click here).
9. Click Next.
10. Click Finish to complete the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port wizard.
11. Select HP from the list on the left and the printer model from the list of printers on the right. (The model of the printer is listed along with the printer's IP address, and always use the PCL driver)
12. Click Next.
13. If the Use Existing Driver windows appears, select Replace existing driver.
14. Click Next.
15. Change the printer name to reflect the printer location (i.e., Library 4th Floor) by typing the new name in the Printer name field. You can use any name you want, as long as you know what printer you are using.
16. If you wish to have this printer set as the default printer, select Yes.
17. Click Next.
18. Make sure Do not share this printer is selected. Click Next.
19. Select No to print a test page, then click Next.
20. Click Finish to compete the installation of your new printer.
Please contact the Division of Legal Computing Virtual Helpdesk with any questions or problems.