Circulation of library material is limited primarily to all students and employees of Seton Hall University and to alumni of Seton Hall University School of Law who present a valid Peter W. Rodino, Jr. Law Library card. (Exceptions are listed in the complete version of the Law Library Circulation Policy.)
GENERAL LOAN RULES
Circulating materials are subject to immediate recall at the discretion of the Circulation Supervisor or a Reference Librarian. Recalled materials must be returned within one day from issuance of the notice--excluding weekends.
- Type/Location of Material
- Reporters, statutes, digests, encyclopedias, citators, periodical indices, materials in special collections, microforms, serials and continuations, materials in the Reference collection, materials on Reserve/Special Reserve, multi-volume works, materials in the Government Documents collections, all materials on the third floors of the library, all materials on the fourth floor of the library -- except for Reserve materials.
- Monographs from the 5th floor collection (5AZ) (exceptions: multi-volume works, loose-leaf works, continuations)
- Materials located at the Circulation/Reserve Desk, e.g. casebooks, nutshells, hornbooks, frequently consulted treatises, current issues of periodicals and newspapers, advance sheets for the U.S. Supreme Court opinions and New Jersey state court opinions, slip opinions for the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, New Jersey District Court, New Jersey Supreme Court, and New Jersey Superior Court, Special Reserve materials, and reference sources such as dictionaries, directories, and thesauri. (Headphones are for SHU Law students only.)
- Study rooms are available for SHU Law students only. Study rooms may be reserved online.
Circulating materials may be renewed unless they have been placed on hold for another patron. Materials should be renewed by the patron at the Circulation Desk.
OBTAINING A LIBRARY CARD
Students, employees, and alumni of the Law School are issued library cards after filing an application and presenting appropriate identification at the Circulation desk. Students are urged to carry a library card at all times. Acceptance of a card indicates agreement to all Law Library Rules and Regulations.
Copying, Printing, and Scanning
Current students, faculty, and staff are permitted to copy, scan, and print within the limits set by the IT/Legal Information Technology Department.
Other patrons (as specified here) are allotted 20 copies or print outs. Please bring a flash drive to scan or download additional information.
The Library Floor Map showing the location of all library collections is posted on each floor of the library, and copies are available at Circulation/Reserve.