Only current Seton Hall Law students, faculty, staff, alumni, and law school graduates studying for the bar may use the library when the library when library services are closed. Additional exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the Law Library Director.
The following patrons are permitted access to all public areas of the Law Library during the hours Library Services are available, as posted at Library Hours. Patrons must be able to present an acceptable form of photo identification and proof of status:
- Seton Hall University students, employees, and alumni;
- Attorneys who are members of the NJ Bar;
- Current Rutgers Law School students;
- Students of other law schools with introduction letters from their law school librarian specifying the purpose and length of intended use (in addition to acceptable i.d. as mentioned above);
- Students or recent graduates of other law schools employed as law clerks with introduction letters from the judges for whom they are clerking or from their firm librarians or attorneys specifying the purpose and length of intended use (in addition to acceptable i.d. as mentioned above);
- New Jersey Law Librarians who are members of NJLLA (New Jersey Law Librarians Association);
- Persons taking a bar review course given at Seton Hall Law School during the time of requested access.
- Recent gratuates of other law schools who are studying for the bar and NOT taking a bar review course at Seton Hall Law may access the library with an introduction letter from their law school librarian specifying the purpose and length of intended use (in addition to acceptable i.d. as mentioned above)
Any questions regarding acceptable forms of identification and/or proof of status should be directed to the Seton Hall Law School Security Desk, at 973-642-8725.
ACCESS TO SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
Persons in the above categories who require on-site use of specific items from the Rare Book Collection must contact the Seton Hall Law Library 973-642-8766 at least 72 hours in advance to schedule an appointment.
Persons requiring use of United States and/or New Jersey Government Documents may follow the instructions on our Government Documents page.
Persons requiring on-site use of the Rodino Collection must telephone 973-642-8766 at least 72 hours in advance to schedule an appointment.