Print from MAC
Important Note: Mac laptops running 10.6.8 or lower must upgrade to the latest version before installing the Papercut client. To upgrade to the latest version of OS X go to the Mac App Store, then Updates and download the update. More information can be found here: https://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade
PaperCut Client Installation
1. Click this link to install the correct version of the PaperCut client:
Note: If the link does not work, press Command-K and enter the address in the Server Address field, then click connect.
2. If asked to enter your name and password, select Registered User and enter your Law School AD credentials. (Select Remember this password in my keychain so that you are not asked to authenticate again)
3. Once the mac folder opens, you need to copy the PCClient file to your Applications folder. You can do this by either dragging the file into your Applications folder or by copying and pasting the file.
4. When the file copy completes, close the mac folder and navigate to your Applications folder. In your Applications folder, open the PCClient program.
Note: Make sure you are opening the file from your Applications folder and not from the mac folder opened in earlier steps.
5. If you receive a warning indicating that PCClient is an application downloaded from the Internet, select Open.
6. Login using your Law School AD credentials.
7. Make sure “Remember my identity” is checked.
8. If you see your Print Balance window, PaperCut is successfully installed.
1. If you have previously installed this printer, make sure to delete that printer first before continuing (this would include any installations before the Fall 2016 semester). If this is your first time installing the printer on your Mac, you do not need to complete this step.
2. If you have not already installed the Canon Printer Drivers for OS X, or if you are not sure if they are already installed, you can download and install the drivers from here:
(Go to Drivers & Downloads and Select the Driver tab. Download and install the latest UFRII Driver with file name format UFRII_xxxx_MAC.zip)
3. Open System Preferences, Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan or Printer Setup Utility (depending on your version of OS X)
4. Click the add new printer button (+)
5. In the Add window, Right-Click (CTRL + Click) anywhere on the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar.
6. Drag the 'Advanced' item on to the toolbar and click Done.
7. Now click Advanced in the toolbar.
8. When it stops searching, under Type select "Windows printer via spoolss".
9. Leave Device as it is ('Another Device')
10. For URL, use the link below for the Law School Printer (you can copy and paste the link):
11. In the Name field, any name is allowed, though you should choose a name that uniquely identifies the printer.
12. The Location field is optional and may be left blank.
13. In the Use or Print Using field, from the Drop-Down menu choose Select Software or Select Printer Software and then select the Canon iR-ADV 4245 printer and click OK.
(TIP: In the top right corner Search box, type 4245)
14. Click Add
15. Once the printer is found, the Installable Options window will appear. For Output Options select Inner Finisher D1. All other fields can remain as their default values and then click OK.
16. Your printer is now installed.
17. The first time you print, you may be asked for your name and password for the Printer. Use your AD login information and select Remember this password in my keychain.