Spring 2021 Semester Updates (3/9/21)
- All exams will be done remotely starting Tuesday, May 4th.
- All Required DAY 1L, 2L, and WEEKEND 1WW, 2WW, 3WW courses, bar courses (ex. Wills, Trusts and Estates) and other highly enrolled courses (ex. Criminal Procedure) will have their exams done remotely with security on them on their scheduled day/time.
- Exam schedule will be posted in mid/late March.
- The above list is not considered to be complete and exhaustive and Faculty may direct Enrollment Services to use remote security on additional exams as they deem necessary.
- The remote security to be used on these exams will be the Exam ID and Exam Monitor security addons to the Examplify exam software.
- All other courses that have either Take Home or Self Scheduled exams will be taken through the ExamSoft web portal with no remote security on them.
Self-Scheduled Exams Policy
Note: The policy below will be activated after we resume a normal schedule, possibly 2021-2022.
All courses with an enrollment of 35 or fewer students will have self-scheduled exams unless a take-home is being given in the course(s).
A student may self-schedule an exam(s) by selecting his or her desired date and time, and entering the required information. The system is first-come, first-serve. A student must place his or herself on the "self-schedule" schedule no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, December 1st.
Self-scheduled exam times are only available during the examination period that has been scheduled for in-class exams.
Once a student “locks in” to sit for a self-scheduled exam, then the same rules that govern in-class exams will apply if a student seeks to be excused (See Examination Emergencies). Students may only "lock in" once for each self-scheduled exam. A student may change an exam that he or she has "locked in" only with the permission of the Dean of Students. If a student "locks in" and fails to sit for the exam (unexcused), he or she will be withdrawn from the course.
A student “locking in” to a self-scheduled exam cannot claim an examination conflict based upon the date and time they selected.
Signups begin on November 4, 2019 through 11:59PM on December 1, 2019.