Information for family and friends of the graduating class of 2018
May 22, 2018: Cap and Gown Party at 3:30-6:00 p.m. on the Schiff Lawn (weather permitting). Academic regalia is distributed while friends, family, and graduates enjoy food and celebrate the beginning of Commencement.
May 23, 2018: Commencement Mass at 4:00 p.m. in the Seton Hall Law School Faculty Library. Awards Ceremony at 5:00 p.m. in the Larson Auditorium. Reception to follow immediately after. Friends and family welcome.
May 24, 2018: Commencement Exercises at 4:00 p.m. at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC), Newark, New Jersey.
- TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR ADMITTANCE. ALL ADULTS AND CHILDREN REQUIRE A TICKET.
General Ticking Information: Graduates may place ticket requests here, or contact the Office of Student Services for more information.
Guest Seating: Seating is first come, first served, but please note that all seats provide excellent viewing in this intimate venue. Graduates will be seated in the center section closest to the stage. Graduates will receive relevant details.
NJPAC offers ADA compliant seating for guests with special needs; Guest Services Staff will be on hand to assist guests from the front door of the theater to their seats. Guests with special needs can be picked up and dropped off in front of NJPAC. A shuttle will also be available, before and after the ceremony, to transport guests between the law school and NJPAC. NJPAC also provides accommodated seating for guests with visual impairments and assisted listening devices.
Hotels and Lodging:
Below is a list of area hotels for your convenience.
Element by Westin (visit the Element by Westin hotel website)
399 Somerset Street
Harrison, NJ 07029 (5-10 minute Path Train ride to Seton Hall Law)
Marriott Courtyard (visit the Marriott Courtyard hotel website)
858 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102-2611
Hilton Newark Penn Station (visit the Hilton Newark Penn Station hotel website)
1048 Raymond Boulevard
Newark, NJ 07102
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk (visit the Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk hotel website)
100 Passaic Ave
Harrison, NJ 07029
Best Western Robert Treat Hotel (visit the Best Western Robert Treat Hotel website)
50 Park Place
Newark, NJ 07102
Hotel Indigo Newark Downtown (visit the Hotel Indigo Newark Downtown website)
810 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Parking and Transportation
- Public Transportation: PATH light rail and NJ Transit trains operate frequent service to Newark Penn Station. Amtrak trains and Greyhound buses also serve Newark Penn Station. Walk to Seton Hall Law from Penn Station by taking the street-level exits to Raymond Plaza West. Turn right and go ½ block to Raymond Boulevard. Turn left and cross McCarter Highway at the next intersection. Seton Hall is across Raymond Boulevard to your right. Law School entrance is mid-block on Raymond. Continue past the law school to Mulberry Street; make a right on Mulberry. Continue down Mulberry Street, and New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) will be straight ahead.
- Automobile: Pick your favorite highway and take it to either the NJ Turnpike or the Garden State Parkway.
NJ TURNPIKE, EXIT 15W: Follow I-280 West to Exit 15. Take Route 21 South (McCarter Highway) 1/4 mile to Raymond Boulevard and turn right. Seton Hall Law is on your right. Make a right on Mulberry Street and New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) will be straight ahead.
GARDEN STATE PARKWAY, EXIT 145: Follow I-280 East to Exit 15. Take Route 21 South (McCarter Highway) 1/4 mile to Raymond Boulevard and turn right. Seton Hall Law is on your right. Make a right on Mulberry Street and New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) will be straight ahead.
If you are traveling from Newark International Airport by car: There is substantial road construction on the major roadways around Newark International Airport. Even if you are familiar with the area, you will need to allow extra time and read signs carefully. Signs and re-routed roadways seem to change almost daily.
You may take the NJ Turnpike North and follow the above directions, or follow signs for Route 21 North into downtown Newark. When you pass Market Street and see the Gateway Hilton ahead to your right, get in the far left lane and turn left at the next intersection--Raymond Boulevard. Seton Hall Law is to the right after you turn. Make a right on Mulberry Street and New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) will be straight ahead.
- Parking: Seton Hall Law does not have its own parking facility, but we recommend:
LAZ Parking at One Newark Center: adjacent to Seton Hall Law. Proceed past the Law School on Raymond Boulevard and turn right onto Mulberry St. Then turn right onto the LAZ Parking Garage. After parking, use the exit on Level C to get to the Law School.
Photos will be taken by Island Photography. Each graduate will have two pictures taken: a formal portrait taken and a photograph as they are receiving their diploma. Island Photography will contact each graduate directly about purchasing prints.
Restaurants in the Area
We recommend making reservations for mid to late afternoon, as both guests and graduates will likely want to enjoy the Champagne Brunch. Some restaurants in Newark are:
- Mompou: 77 Ferry Street in the Ironbound. Visit the Mompou website.
- Dino BBQ: 224 Market Street, near Prudential Center. Visit the Dino BBQ websitea.
- Brick City: 35 Edison Place, across from Prudential Center.
- 27 Mix: 27 Halsey Street, near the Law School.
- Maize Restaurant: 50 Park Place Lobby, near the Law School. Visit the Maize Restaurant website.
- Don Pepe Restaurant: 844 McCarter Highway, across from the Law School. Visit the Don Pepe Restaurant website.
- Fornos of Spain: 47 Ferry Street in the Ironbound. Visit the Fornos of Spain restaurant website.
- Iberia Restaurants (2 locations): 67 Ferry Street and 84 Ferry Street in the Ironbound. Visit the Iberia restaurant website.
- Adega (Grill , Bar, Lounge): 130 Ferry Street in the Ironbound. Visit the Adega website.
- Sol-Mar Restaurant: 267 Ferry Street in the Ironbound. Visit the Sol-Mar Restaurant website.
Please refer all questions to the Office of Student Services at 973-642-8707.