The main function of the Office of the Bursar is to provide accurate and timely customer service to students and departmental staff making payments and/or deposits.
This office is primarily responsible for degree audits; tuition reimbursement requests; verification of student status for loan deferral; insurance or transportation fare reduction; preparation of transcripts; change of address, name, telephone or status; questions regarding ranks, averages or incomplete grades; course withdrawal; and much more.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
Students can access their e-bill through the PirateNet/LawNet portal. As you know, electronic billing (“ebilling”) is now Seton Hall University’s official means of distributing student bills. Now you can grant a parent or other third party access to your account and direct access to the University’s payment portal. Once setup, your parent will get an e-mail notification of when an ebill has been generated to alert them of a balance due. They will be able to view your account on their own and be able to initiate electronic payments. Below is the process to setup a parent or third party to view your account and make payments on your behalf.
How To Set Up Access: Your parent or authorized payer must be granted permission by you to allow access to your student account.
FOR THE STUDENT:
- Log into LawNet via law.shu.edu with their username and password.
- Click the ‘My Info’ tab.
- Locate the ‘Personal Information’ box.
- Click on ‘Update E-Mail Addresses’.
- Next to ‘Type of E-Mail to Insert,’ select Tuition Payment Permission & click Submit.
- Enter the information of the person who will be given access to your account and will be making
- You will need to select a 4 Digit Pin number which will be required when calling the University to
request account information about your bill.
- Click Submit.
FOR THE Parent or Third Party:
- Go to www.shu.edu
- In the list on the left hand side, click ‘Parents’
- Under “News and Announcements” click ‘Billing and Payment Information’
- Click the link to proceed to the payment screen.
- Here you will need to enter the following information:
- The Payer’s e-mail address (must match the e-mail address entered by the student).
- The student’s Campus Wide ID Number.
- The student’s Last Name.
- Click Submit.
- Read the Payment instructions, and click continue when ready to proceed
- All Pop-Up Blockers should be disabled, as the payment screen will appear as a Pop-Up
- Here you can enter pay the amount due, or change numbers under the ‘Amount to Pay’ column
to your desired payment amount.
- Be sure to confirm the total prior to clicking ‘Pay Now’.
- You may wish to print the receipt for your records.
For additional financial information, please contact Jo Ann Maldonado, Bursar, at 973-642-8578 or by email, email@example.com.