Transfer Students (Admission)
Seton Hall would like to accommodate students seeking transfer to the law school as a result of COVID-19 issues. The application deadline for transfers has been extended and the application fee waived for Fall 2020 admission. A spring semester at your current institution graded as Pass/D/F will not have a negative impact on your admission file. The admissions committee takes every element of the admission file into consideration during review.
Transfer Application Requirements
Applicants for transfer admission must have completed at least 1 year at an ABA-approved law school, and be in good academic standing at their current law schools. The following is required to complete a transfer application:
- A completed and signed Application for Admission, including a Personal Statement that addresses the reasons for seeking a transfer.
- Waived for Fall 2020 applications: A nonrefundable application fee of $65 (check or money order payable to Seton Hall University, School of Law. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted);
- An active CAS subscription with recent LSAT scores or GRE scores if the school from which you seek to transfer relied on your GRE scores for admissions;
- One (1) letter of recommendation specifically in support of the application to transfer (i.e. from a law school professor or instructor);
- A letter of good standing and a transcript, indicating rank in class, sent directly from the current law school.
A limited number of transfer applicants are accepted and decisions will be made by mid-July for applications received and completed by the deadline.
Students who have been academically dismissed from another law school must wait at least two years before applying for admission to Seton Hall Law. Such applicants apply as first-year candidates and must provide complete information and documentation regarding their prior law school enrollment.
Students at other law schools seeking Visiting Student status at Seton Hall Law should contact the Office of Student Services at 973-642-8707. Visiting Student status is not granted by the Office of Admissions.