Law Student Emergency Fund Request Form
Seton Hall Law has the good fortune of having established a fund comprising of donations by friends and alumni of the Law School to help address your needs in this unprecedented time. The Dean’s Student Emergency Fund was established to assist students who had planned out their budgets for the semester but are now dealing with unexpected circumstances such as:
- Loss of wages or off-campus jobs due to business shutdown
- Traveling home unexpectedly
- Emergency medical and dental expenses
- Technology/equipment needed to ensure continuity of online learning
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Loss of childcare
- Unanticipated expenses due to interruptions caused by COVID-19
- Impacts relating to the September 1, 2021 storm
Examples of expenses not covered by Emergency Funding:
- Legal fines or expenses
- Non-essential personal bills
- Parking tickets, library fines, or other expenses mistakenly incurred
We will be processing applications on a rolling basis. Please only submit one application per student. Selection of recipients will depend on the availability of funds and the student’s need. Award amounts will vary based on individual circumstances but will likely range from $100 - $2,000. All funds are considered a financial aid award.
Please note that the Dean’s Student Emergency Fund is separate from the already established Bar Grant Program. Any requests for assistance with costs relating to Bar Study should be through the application for the Bar Grant Program. (Email Dean Sokol at [email protected] if you have questions on the Bar Grant Program.)
Please complete this form to request emergency funds.
Submission of this form does not guarantee you will receive an award. When submitting this form, please understand we will attempt to assist you with one-time emergency relief. Priority will be given to students with the most severe need. Please provide supporting documentation to this email: [email protected].
Please note: This is not a mechanism to apply for funding to pay Tuition or Fees that are direct billables on your student account and were already due.