Seton Hall Law School is located only 1½ blocks from Newark Penn Station. New Jersey Transit trains and buses, PATH trains, the Newark City Subway and AMTRAK trains all have regular service into Penn Station. Using public transportation to commute to school is very convenient and generally less expensive than driving.
Seton Hall Law School is also easily accessible by car. Parking is available adjacent to the Law School at the Central Parking System garage located at 42 Mulberry Street, Newark. A limited number of monthly student rate passes are available. Please contact the garage management at 973-621-7466. Below is a list of other local area parking facilities.
A Shuttle Van Service is available from the Law School to local housing, train stations and other parking facilities from dusk until AM.
NJ Transit Services and Trains – The Northeast Corridor, Raritan Valley, and North Jersey Coast train lines run regular service into Newark Penn Station. There are several towns along these train lines where students commonly reside. All other train lines with service to Newark arrive at the Broad Street Station, which is approximately 10 blocks from the Law School. Trains run every 15 minutes into New York Penn Station, located in mid-town Manhattan. The NJ Transit website offers full train, bus and light rail schedules, including maps of NJ Transit train routes and more.
Seton Hall FULL-TIME STUDENTS are eligible for a 25% Discount on NJ Transit Monthly Passes for rail, bus and light rail. To receive the 25% discount on monthly passes, students must enter the NJ Transit website via our LawNet Portal. For instructions on how to sign-up for the 25% NJ Transit Monthly Pass discount, click here.
In addition to signing up for the NJ Transit discount, students may obtain applications from any New Jersey Transit ticket office and must have the applications validated by the Registrar's Office before returning them back to NJ Transit. For more information on the paper application, please contact the Registrar's office at 973-642-8502.
NJ Transit Bus Service - Buses from Newark Penn Station are available to various destinations throughout New Jersey. Schedules are available on the New Jersey Transit website or at the Office of Student Services, 973-642-8707.
NJ Transit Airport Services - Train service is available to Newark Liberty International Airport from Penn Station.
PATH - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey operates trains servicing Newark, Harrison, Hoboken, Jersey City and New York. Trains arrive and depart Newark Penn Station approximately every 10 minutes during regular hours.
Amtrak Train Service - Amtrak train service is available to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and other destinations on the east coast.
Shuttle Van Service - The shuttle is available for students for transportation to locations in and about the greater downtown Newark vicinity.
- Northbound – Clay and Broad St./McCarter Highway. This would include the Broad Street Station, Colonnade Apartments on Clifton Avenue, Sussex Avenue and McCarter Highway/Bridge Street.
- Southbound – Lincoln Park and Clinton Avenue. This would include the Prudential Center, Federal and City Offices and the Hallmark House.
- Westbound – University Center at Central Avenue and Lock Street. This would include Society Hill on South Orange Avenue.
- Eastbound – Ironbound section (this would include Penn Station).
The shuttle is in operation seven days a week from 6:00 PM-12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time and from 5:00 PM-12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
To avail yourself of this service, notify the Security Officer on duty at the Central Security Desk who will then transmit this information to the shuttle driver. To request the shuttle driver to respond to your location in the downtown Newark vicinity, notify the Central Security Desk at either 973-642-8725/8130 and advise the Officer on duty of your location.
It is recommended that you utilize this service when you are visiting and/or living in the greater downtown Newark vicinity.
There are many area parking lots around the Law School. Each is independently owned and operated. Below is a list of some of those lots and their current rates. Generally, it is more economical to pay for parking on a monthly basis. Daily parking rates range from $12 - $22. Monthly parking rates range from $50 - $220.
LAZ Parking - One Newark Center Parking Garage (42 Mulberry Street)
- Contact No: 973-621-7466
- $202.94/month (all-day, every day)
Conditions: Must leave garage before 12 AM midnight
- $141.16/month evening rate (after 4 PM, includes weekends)
Conditions: Must leave garage before 12 AM midnight
- $22/day (all-day, daily parking)
- $13/day (before 8 AM, out by 5:30 PM)
- $48.37 a month for weekend students (all day Saturday & Sunday only until 12 AM midnight)
- All applications must be completed online, no walk-ins will be accepted
Gateway Parking (103 Mulberry Street between Commerce and Clinton)
- Contact No: 973-242-7054
- $195/month (all-day, every day)
- $18/day (all-day, daily parking)
- $13/day (enter before 10 AM)
Prudential Center Arena Parking Deck (15 Lafayette Street between Broad and Mulberry)
- Contact No: 973-757-6082
- $100/month plus one-time $25 deposit for access pass (refundable upon return)
- Conditions: Must leave lot in accordance with the time advertised at the lot due to scheduled event time or you will be charged event price
Don Pepe’s Parking (186 Mulberry location)
- Contact No: 973-578-4599
- $110/month student rate
- Conditions: Must leave Mulberry lot by 6:30 PM on event nights
Don Pepe’s Parking (Route 21 McCarter Highway)
- Contact No: 973-623-4662
- $160/month student rate
- Conditions: Must leave McCarter lot by 6:30 PM on event nights
Edison ParkFast (81 Edison Pl. b/t McCarter Hwy. & Mulberry Pl.)
- Contact No: 973-803-4523
- Conditions: Must leave lot by 6:30 PM on event nights