Summer Financial Aid Application
To apply for financial aid please submit your Summer 2022 Financial Aid Application by May 1, 2022.
Summer Financial Aid Eligibility
- Summer 2022 is considered part of the 2021-22 academic year for financial aid purposes.
- We must have your 2021-22 FAFSA processed to consider you for summer aid.
- JD students must be registered for a minimum of 3 credits in the summer semester.
- MSJ/MLS and LLM students must be registered for a minimum of 3 credits in the summer semester.
- You may apply for the amount needed to cover tuition, fees, loan fees, and living expenses.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). This will be reviewed prior to processing your summer financial aid.
- You must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
Eligibility / Loan Amount
- The estimated amounts to cover summer 2022 living expenses for full-time JD students living on their own is $4,680 and $2,116 for students living at home or with relatives.
- The estimated amounts to cover summer 2022 living expenses for MSJ/MLS students living on their own is $2,426 and $1,630 for students living at home or with relatives.
- Students attending other institutions have different costs for living expenses set by that institution.
- If this is an initial Graduate Plus loan request for the 2021-22 year, Request the 21-22 Graduate Plus Loan (after May 1) and Complete a Graduate Plus Loan Promissory Note.
If your enrollment plans change and you will not be enrolled for the summer semester, drop below half-time, or if you will no longer seek residency credit, you must notify our office so we can make the necessary adjustments to your financial aid.