The CSJ Scholars Application Process
The Seton Hall Law School Center for Social Justice (CSJ) will name as CSJ Scholars two outstanding students from the rising 2L class who demonstrate a strong commitment to public service and who are planning public interest careers. This opportunity is open to all students who just completed their first year of law school, including full-time day and weekend students. The Scholars, who will serve until graduation from Seton Hall Law School, will be offered a range of public interest opportunities and benefits, including:
- assistance in locating summer internships at prestigious public interest organizations, with a summer stipend funded through a Public Interest Legal Fellowship;
- the opportunity to work as a research assistant or engage in pro bono work with a CSJ professor whose scholarship or casework focuses on a public interest topic that is of interest to the Scholar;
- the guaranteed opportunity to participate in the Leadership Fellows Program with Professor Paula Franzese and enroll in Leadership, Ethics and Decision-Making (2 cr., full-year) during the second year of law school;
- enrollment in clinics for a full year during their final year of law school;
- participation in educational and networking events;
- an expectation that the Scholars will help plan and implement social justice programming or public service projects in collaboration with CSJ faculty; and,
- a scholarship of $1,000 in their first year of participation as a Scholar.
Interested applicants must submit electronically: (1) a resume; (2) an unofficial transcript; (3) two references (one or both can be Seton Hall Law faculty members); and (4) a cover letter that articulates the student’s commitment to public interest law and interest in serving as a CSJ Scholar.
Application materials must be received no later than Wednesday, June 27, 2018 by NOON (12 p.m.).
Be sure to include "(Your Name) CSJ Scholar Applicant" in your subject line and email your application materials to Melinda Lampley-Merritt ([email protected]), CSJ Paralegal.