With nearly 150 in attendance, guests were immersed in the statutes, regulations,
and other guidance that comprise the body of law known as “fraud and abuse law.”
Compliance professionals, ethics and integrity officers, legal counsel, healthcare
consultants, and regulatory and medical affairs professionals examined healthcare-related
laws and regulations alongside industry leaders throughout the four-day program.
All attendees listened to a keynote address on the “Culture of Compliance” by speaker
Paul Fishman, Former U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey.
The events also taught attendees how to better create a culture of compliance in their
organizations. Covered topics and panel discussions during the program included:
- Business Ethics and Legal Compliance
- Privacy and Data Protection in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries
- Federal Healthcare Programs for Drug and Device Manufacturers
- Government Pricing Regulation
- Codes of Ethics with Healthcare Professional
- FDA Regulations of Drug Development and Approvals
- FDA Regulation on Medical Devices
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, real-world risks in business
- The False Claims Act
- Federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Healthcare Compliance in R&D
- Prescription Drug and Medical Device Advertising
- Social Media Practices
- Federal And State Reporting Laws
- Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Recent Developments in Federal Health Care Fraud Enforcement
- Government investigations
- Healthcare Fraud Sentencing, Penalties, and Damages
- How to Create a Culture of Compliance
“Seton Hall Law’s compliance program sets the standard for excellence in the delivery
of compliance insight and knowledge, delivered by key industry leaders, in an environment
that allows for an open exchange of ideas, opinions, and best practices. The knowledge
I gained is easily transferable in my daily service as an Integrity Officer, but sustainable
in having discovered new colleagues who share the same goal: the search for excellence.
Seton Hall’s compliance program rises above any option you may have when seeking new
or current compliance knowledge based upon the reputation that only Seton Hall can
Integrity Officer, WakeMed Health and Hospital Systems (Raleigh, NC)
“This four-day, in-depth and interactive conference hit on every topic I need to know
about in my practice of law. The conference is extremely well-run and organized.
All of the expert speakers represent the top of the international and national healthcare
compliance, legal, and science development fields. The level of professional and
industry expertise Seton Hall Law pulls together for the conference is extremely impressive.
I was able to meet professionals from a wide number of companies and countries. I
highly recommend attending this program for anyone who works or wants to work in Compliance.”
Catherine van Kampen, Esq.
Feiya Jiang of Brooklyn Law School and Candace Lerman of Nova Southeastern University
Shepard Broad College of Law were invited to attend this year’s Healthcare Compliance
Certification Program as scholarship recipients on their way to becoming experts in
the legal compliance field.