Four days of programming beginning October 12, 2020 (10/12, 10/14, 10/19, 10/21)
THE U.S. HEALTHCARE COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IS NOW VIRTUAL!
We are excited to announce that we have finalized plans for this upcoming Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program. Due to continued uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 around the world, Seton Hall Law has developed a unique remote-learning program that will bring you the robust educational and relationship-building experience you have come to expect from Seton Hall Law, while giving you the opportunity to earn your Certificate from the comfort and safety of your own home or office.
The Program will continue to deliver the same content through a blend of thoughtful expert presentations, case study analyses, and opportunities to get to know your fellow participants. In addition, the virtual format allows for participation by even more experts from around the globe. As always, we have prioritized active engagement with speakers and attendees, and community building with your professional peers. At the same time, the agenda has been structured to minimize disruption to your busy schedule, with the four days spread over two weeks.
"The Seton Hall Law compliance program offers a comprehensive introduction to health care laws, regulations, industry standards, and compliance. The program has enhanced my career, enabling me to interact more effectively with top Compliance professionals in my day-to-day job responsibilities. I would recommend the program to students interested in Compliance, lawyers and non-lawyers alike, who work in life sciences or have an interest in doing so. "
Director, International Business Controls Function Lead
Join Seton Hall Law School faculty and respected industry leaders for a comprehensive overview of state, federal, and international law governing prescription drugs and medical devices.
This four-day healthcare compliance certificate program immerses attendees in the statutes, regulations, and other guidance that comprise the body of law known as “fraud and abuse law.”
Attendees examine health care-related laws and regulations alongside other compliance, ethics and integrity officers, legal counsel, health care consultants, and regulatory and medical affairs professionals.
Throughout the program, participants engage in group problem-solving activities and analyze the covered laws and regulations through case studies.
By the program conclusion, attendees discover how to create a culture of compliance and leave with the skills necessary to develop, enhance, and enforce their organizations' corporate compliance programs.
Check out our one-day, healthcare compliance certificate "Plus" workshop. Take advantage of this interactive, hands-on learning experience covering current trends in compliance and analytics.
- Compliance Officers Panel Discussion
- Government Panel Discussion focusing on Healthcare Fraud Enforcement
- Worldwide Anti-Corruption Enforcement presentation
- Data Privacy - HIPAA, HITECH, and others
- FDA approval and regulation of new drugs and devices
- Federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Federal and State False Claims Acts
- Federal Sunshine Law
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) - including worldwide anti-corruption and enforcement
- Government Investigations
- Health care fraud sentencing, penalties, damages, and other considerations
- OIG Compliance
- Prescription drug and device marketing and advertising
Cost & Registration
Individual registration: $3,050.
Group discounts are available for companies sending multiple employees to the same program. Email us at [email protected] for details. Members of supporting organizations also may be eligible for discounts.
- The Program will take place over the course of two weeks:
- Wednesday, October 7 Remote-Learning Live Kick-off Session
- Remote-Learning Live Sessions will take place 11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. EST on the following dates:
- Monday, October 12
- Wednesday, October 14
- Monday, October 19
- Wednesday, October 21
- *Please note that attendance at all live sessions is mandatory to obtain the program Certificate*
- To maximize flexibility, pre-recorded sessions will be assigned for viewing, with the speakers available during follow-up live sessions to allow for further insights and group discussion.
The U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program is offered through the Seton Hall Law School Center for Health & Pharmaceutical Law & Policy, a leading center for research and scholarship. The Center educates lawyers and professionals in the health care and life sciences industries regarding the intricate and multifaceted set of laws that govern patients, health care providers, manufacturers, and suppliers. Center faculty and research fellows produce scholarship, white papers, and recommendations for policy on the varied and complex issues posed by health and pharmaceutical law, health care access, human subject research, mental health issues, and non-profit governance. The Center fosters informed dialogue among policymakers, consumer advocates, the medical profession, and industry in the search for solutions to the ethical, legal, and social questions presented in the health and pharmaceutical arena. Read more about the Center and faculty scholarship.